The world we know is in serious trouble and needs our help.
We are at A Turning Point.
Green Liberal Democrats take the view that we need to tackle all the problems we face with a sense of vigour. But also with a different, more holistic approach than politicians will usually take.
Just look at some of the most significant threats we face:
There are many linkages between these, making it difficult to resolve one without another.
- Putin's war of aggression on Ukraine
- Crushing cost of living increases
- Deepening concerns about Climate Change
- The speed with which tipping points are likely to be breached
- Devastating biodiversity loss
- Air and water quality
- Waste management and the problems of plastics
- 'Forever chemicals' polluting our environment
We seek, as environmentally concerned politicians, to find ways of allowing and encouraging people and communities to thrive.
We need to set ourselves some targets to communicate how we propose to tackle these problems.
And that is what provides the framework for our Summer School and Conference this coming weekend.